First some benchmarks (warning: one benchmark/language name is NSFW): https://github.com/kostya/benchmarks
Further warning, benchmarks can be as truthful as any other statistics.
1st is Crystal:
- Ruby-like syntax
- static type checking (but types don’t need to be declared)
- compiled performance beats Go in most benchmarks above!
2nd is Red:
- Inspired by Rebol (which dates back to AmigaOS)
- functional, imperative, and symbolic programming
- prototypical inheritance
- optional types with 50+ built-in data types
- < 1MB install
- Consists of high level Red language 95% compatible with Rebol version 2 and Red/System DSL for higher performance systems programming